Matthew Giffin, CEO Storyvalues, Inc.
An award-winning designer, art director, artist and musician, Matthew's creative achievements include art direction and design for Sir Paul McCartney, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp., numerous gallery exhibits in NYC and Toronto and original music for Sesame Street.
Matthew is also co-founder of KapowKIdz / China, a joint venture company dedicated to creating original story, song and art based programs that teach English.
- Co-founder, CEO, Creative Director: KapowKidz, Inc. and KapowKidz / China.
- Co-founder, Creative Director: Storyvalues, Inc.
- Art Director: Sir Paul McCartney
- Senior Creative Art Director: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Illustrator: Various worldwide publications
- Gallery Artist, New York City & Toronto
- Entrepreneur: Co-founder of KapowKidz and Storyvalues, Inc., in Toronto, Canada and Beijing, China.
- Co-developer of Storyvalues, the popular interactive multicultural storytelling program used by educators, students and families in North America and Australia, 2007 – 2015.
- Author of CSC approved curriculum (Storyvalues Interactive)
- Art Direction / Design: Sir Paul McCartney - ‘The Space Within Us’ and promo for ‘Memory Almost Full’ album.
- Art Direction / Canadian Broadcasting Corp. - Led design development of Kids CBC brand.
- Art Direction / Design: Lead designer for signature CBC broadcasts (The National, Newsworld, Infomatrix and many others).
- Art Direction / Design: Corporate branding initiatives for Pfizer, Astra Zeneca and other major corporations.
- Design Awards: BDA 1998, 2005. Telly: 2007.
- Visual Artist: Illustrations published worldwide by the Los Angeles Times, TD Bank, the United Nations, the Toronto Globe and Mail and many others.
- Gallery Artist: Over 20 exhibitions in NYC and Toronto 1984 – 2020.
- Musician: Composer of over 100 songs, including original music for Sesame Street, CBC and Storyvalues, Inc.
- Centre for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI
- Parsons School of Design, New York, NY
Storyvalues Interactive: 1,000,000 + users in schools, districts and communities in Canada and Australia.
Paul McCartney / Space Within US: RIAA Platinum. #3 on US Sales Charts, 2006. 100,000 sales in USA. Telly Award for Art Direction / Design (2007).
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation: ‘The National’ 1.2 million views / night. ‘Kids’ CBC’ – Gold BDA Award winner, 2005.