Cheryl Thornton – Chief Content Officer / Storyvalues & KapowKidz
A preeminent storyteller and performer, educator and entrepreneur, Cheryl has brought her unique interactive storytelling performances to schools and daycares for over 20 years.
In 2007 Cheryl teamed up with artist / musician / creative director Matthew Giffin to co-create Storyvalues Interactive, an online story-based program used extensively in schools and households in Canada, Australia and China.
- Co-founder, CCO, Co-Developer, Performer: KapowKidz, Inc and KapowKidz / China
- Co-founder, Co-Developer, Performer: Storyvalues, Inc.
- Founder, Performer: Creativity for Life
- Producer / Consultant, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Toronto)
- Founder, Washington Heights Creative Pre School, NYC
- Performer, Off-Broadway productions in NYC
- A preeminent storyteller and performer, educator and entrepreneur.
- Co-founder, content developer and performer for KapowKidz and Storyvalues, Inc., in Toronto, Canada.
- Co-developer and performer for Storyvalues, the popular interactive multicultural storytelling program used by educators, students and families in North America and Australia, 2007 – 2015.
- Creative Content: Developer of original interactive live storytelling performances used in thousands of schools in Canada since 1998.
- Production and Brand Consultant for CBC Kids’ programming and Kids’ CBC brand.
- Co-author of CSC approved curriculum (Storyvalues).
- Master of Fine Arts (Drama), New York University (NYU)
- Storyvalues / KapowKidz Performances: Cheryl has performed for approximately 320,000 children in schools since 2002.
- Storyvalues Interactive: 1,000,000 + users in schools, districts and communities in Canada and Australia.